The Director of Food and Beverage forms part of the Hotel Leadership team who collectively make key strategic and operational decisions for the Lodge.
This is a remote location and a single assignment due to the remoteness.
Would suit someone who is comfortable living and working in a remote location. We do offer R&R leave to go home and visit family every 11 weeks.
Due to local work permit restrictions in Tanzania we can not consider ant applications from the following countries; Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Iran, Kazakhstan Republic, Kyigten Republic, Lebanon, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Senegal, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Somali land, Sierra Leone, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen and Stateless persons or persons with refugee status.
- Select, train, evaluate, lead, motivate, coach, and discipline employees and managers in multiple Food & Beverage operations and outlets to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Play an active role in the Lodge’s Guardian Angel Program and lead from the front to create a successful guest relations program.
- Strive to not only maintain but to elevate the offer through training, development, and implementation of new concepts.
- Ability to develop and reevaluate Restaurant concepts that link the property to the local community and surroundings.
- Ensure the dining experience Ability to work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager, Executive Chef and Sous Chefs to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality at a fair price.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met as well as attend regular operational meetings to ensure effective coordination and cooperation between departments.
- Ensure training is carried out on service standards / food tastings / wine programs and cocktail and drink lists to ensure employees are comfortable in delivering truly luxury guest experiences.
- Ensure training is carried out in regards hygiene practices in both kitchen and service.
- Accountable to ensure the F&B team are in line and practicing applicable health & safety guidelines set out by HACCP / PWT or applicable local hygiene training / testing company.
- Ensure surveys / tests are undertaken minimum twice per year.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in Employee handbook.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Sit on Planning Committee and play an active role on the Senior Leadership team at the Lodge.
- Participate in the Mentor Program to assist to develop local upcoming Mmgt and supervisory talent.
- Ensure all Heart of House Still Rooms and Storage areas are consistently maintained and up kept.
- Ensure cleaning and tracking programs are in place for cleaning / maintenance of all equipment including fridges / ice machines / coffee machines etc.
- Reviews and monitor schedules of employees in all departments in the Division. Ensures all leave is entered correctly in Workday and Weekly Sign in and Out Sheets are submitted to Finance.
- Monitor and keep Overtime to a minimum Monitors employee activities to assure that standards are being met, employees are being supported and guest needs are being met. Routinely inspects all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that financial goals of the division and the Lodge are being met.
- Monitor and control labor expenses, and other divisional expenses such as supplies and equipment.
- Assists in preparing business forecasts. Prepares Annual Budget for the division.
- Makes suggestions that will improve product, reduce cost and increase guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that Four Seasons Service and Culture standards are being met. Manages in a way that supports Four Seasons’ Mission and Philosophy.
- Supports and creates programs and initiatives that encourage employee development, training and career growth within the Division.
- Follow all Lead with Care initiatives and participate in calls