North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit one Draughtsman to join the Engineering team. The successful candidate for this position will be responsible to manage all the activities specified within the position profile at North Mara Gold Mine, carry out assigned task, supervise and deliver quality drawings of the mine surface and Underground.
Reporting to: Superintendent – Engineering Service.
Contract Duration: Permanent
- Draw up concrete structures from conception to final working drawings as well as reinforced concrete works with the input of engineers.
- Train others in the fundamentals of concrete design.
- Train others to be able to make up reinforced concrete drawings from an engineer’s information.
- Draw up steelwork structures from conception to final working drawings with the input of engineers.
- Train others in the fundamentals of structural steel design.
- Draw up mechanical objects from conception to final working drawings with the input of engineers.
- Draw up architectural buildings from conception to final working drawings with the input from the client.
- Train others in the fundamentals of architectural design.
- Draw up electrical drawings as required by departments.
- Train others in the fundamentals of electrical design.
- Draw up site plans with essential services and structures.
- Draw up renovations and new building drawings for community projects such as schools, accommodation, clinics and community upliftment.
- Create a database of new and “as built” drawings.
- Setting up of drawing standards and practices to be taught to others.
- Train employees and engineers in the use of AutoCAD 2D and 3D.
- Help with questions in regards to the AutoCAD package.
- Give input on projects from previous experience and share knowledge.
- Give input on project planning.
- Liaise with contractors on site with regards to quality control and finishes.
- Work closely with construction team as to their requirements.
- A strong personal commitment to implement policies and procedures, with the ability to foster strong safety culture among personnel.
- Ability to mentor and work with people from a wide range of nationalities and cultures and the willingness to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Excellent planning, organisation skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities and the self-discipline to achieve tasks on time.
- Certificate from the Academy of Draughting.
- Certificate in AutoCAD 2000
- Detailed working knowledge of industrial and residential structures.
- Having worked under various engineers on major construction sites to understand and provide clear detailing.
- Driver’s Licence
- 3 – 4ears experience as a draughtsman.
- Experience with all fields of draught practice.
- Knowledge and experience in 2D and 3D drawings.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to consistently manage a diversified portfolio in a high pressure environment.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, SAP, AutoCAD, ArchiCAD
- Self-motivated and strong work ethics.
- Coordination, meeting and project Management.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Sound knowledge of Building Act, Building Code and Building Regulations
- Driving ability.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: email@example.com
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 04rd July, 2021.
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|