Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management Officer
Prime Minister’s Office -AFDP Programme
Prime Minister’s Office invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill various posts in Coordination Unit of Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme- AFDP as mentioned below:
MONITORING, EVALUATION AND KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, the M&E and Knowledge Management Officer will be responsible for developing and managing the Programme Learning System. This includes developing an open system with upwards and downwards accountability, and creating a culture where Programme staff and implementation partners on one hand contribute to the development of the M&E system, and on the other learn from experience and share knowledge and information between one another in an organic matter
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the development of a strategy and plans to ensure systematic, continuous learning, improvement and knowledge sharing;
- Develop the overall framework for an M&E system to measure and/or access progress in terms of inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact, taking into account the programme Log frame, Theory of Change, and broader programme management requirements, as well as Government ASDP II monitoring requirements and IFAD RIMS indicators;
- Consistent with ASDP II, develop a management information system (MIS) which defines the key indicators, data formats, sex and youth disaggregation, and the tools procures and responsibilities for data collection, transmission, processing and reporting;
- Supported by a short-term consultant establish and operationalize web-based M&E/MIS system, with a dashboard that offers real time data input and availability;
- Train Programme staff and implementing partners in the M&E requirements; supervise and provide regular support to M&E activities at all levels; and provide coaching and mentoring, to build knowledge management, M&E, communication and other relevant skills ad competencies of programme and partnering staff;
- Ensure that all service provider contracts include specifications for the internal monitoring required of them, the reporting system and the penalties for failure to report as specified;
- Monitor financial and physical progress; collate essential data to be included in quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports; and report back to the PCU, other key programme stakeholders and GOT/IFAD;
- Review and update regularly the programme Logframe;
- Define participatory methodologies and tools for assessing programme performance and outcomes involving stakeholders;
- Guide and supervise organizations contracted to implement baseline and impact assessment studies;
- Facilitate the programme’s annual review workshops, Midterm review and completion review;
- Oversee development of annual work plans and budget and support district -level planning and budgeting processes;
- Ensure that innovative experiences, learning and goods are captured, synthesized, documented and shared continuously within the programme and within country partners/service providers, IFAD and other regional and international partners;
- Ensure collection and analysis of sex and youth disaggregated data, so as to track the implementation of gender strategy activities and monitor the achievements of its targets.
Holder of Master’s Degree from a recognized Institution in Agriculture, Animal Production, Animal Sciences, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Research, Economics, Statistics or related disciplines.
- At least five years professional experience in M&E related experience in the field of Agriculture and or fisheries project/ programme preferably in high performing Public Institution or regional and international organization.
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies i.e., both quantitative and qualitative data collection, processing and analysis.
- Experience in conducting programme evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation, and successfully drafting M&E technical reports.
- Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
Two years contract, renewable for 6 years based on performance with 6 months’ probation period.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants should have good understanding of legal, administrative and operational standards and procedures in the Tanzania context;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister’s Office,
Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.o. Box 980,
Government City – Mtumba,
Deadline for application is 30th July, 2021