Health Programming and Training Specialist
About the United States Peace Corps:
The Peace Corps is an independent United States federal agency that has been working in Tanzania since 1961. Peace Corps Volunteers work with governments, schools, and communities in the areas of education, health, HIV/AIDS, information technology, agriculture, and the environment.
About the Programming and Training Specialist Position:
This is an attractive senior level professional opportunity with a competitive salary, opportunity for development, and cross-cultural working experience. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the planning, development, implementation and administration of Peace Corps Tanzania’s Health Projects sector. The Program Specialist will also serve as technical trainer for Volunteer Pre- Service Training in Health Projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Nutrition, Community Development or any other related field; Masters degree desirable.
- Three years progressively responsible experience in the field of rural community development with a focus on health promotion and prevention, particularly HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Sexual Reproductive Health, and Nutrition.
- A thorough and up-to-date knowledge of Tanzanian Health issues.
- Experience teaching adults and knowledge of adult education techniques, gender analysis, community analysis and project management.
- Experience working with District and / or local government.
- Language: Level IV (Fluent) spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Proven ability to develop lesson plans and facilitate training classes and workshops.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of time in rural areas.
- Ability to pass US Embassy background security check.
Please email a cover letter, CV, certificates, personal address and contact information along with the names and contacts of references to TZ-Applicants@peacecorps.gov with “PTS Application-Health” in the subject line, If necessary, applications can be posted to the attention of: Director of Management and Operations, PTS-Health Application, U.S. Peace Corps Tanzania, P. O. Box 9123, Dar es Salaam. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 04 August 2021 at 5:00PM.