Work Station: Dar es Salaam
Apply By: June 11th 2021
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
Ifakara is looking for a qualified and experienced ndividual to fill a vacant position of Intern in the ICT unit, Dar es Salaam. The Intern will be charged with ensuring proper service and maintenance of Ifakara
ICT equipment/tools. Also, they will perform daily activities of ICT unit – mainly support to the staff and collaborators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure quality and availability of ICT services to all staff.
- Ensure timely maintenance of computers/laptops.
- Performs LAN maintenance/repairing.
- Performs Printer maintenance/repairing.
- Installation of computer’s basic software.
- Keep track of all maintenances and services records.
- Ensure high level internal customer service to project and other units in the Institute.
- Ensure that services and maintenances information are recorded properly in documents.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Must be a holder of Diploma in ICT / Computer Science.
Skills and Competencies
- Be fluent in both English and Swahili Languages.
- Skills in Computer/Laptop maintenance
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff at all levels.
- Customer services oriented – ability to deal with staff of different attitudes and levels of understanding.
- Good skills in problem solving, teamwork.
- Effective Communication skills.
- Professional attitude with highest level of integrity.
- Able to respond to deadlines.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Friday 11th of June,2021. All e-mail application subject lines should include: Intern – ICT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania