(cf Policy 5.101)
|Reports to:||Elementary School Principal
|Start date:||1 August 2021|
IST Foundational Documents
Challenging, inspiring and supporting all our students to fulfill their potential and improve the world
IST will be a global leader in the education of internationally-mobile young people.
All students, regardless of their starting point, will think critically, achieve academically and develop the wisdom to make good choices. They will show curiosity and creativity in addressing authentic problems, local and global.
They will pursue their varied passions with enthusiasm, developing resilience, perseverance, and confidence. Understanding the diversity of people and cultures, they will act kindly, fairly, and responsibly.
All members of the IST community will work together to fulfil this vision.Statement of Values
All members of the IST community are:
- Responsible – We act responsibly, positively and constructively towards ourselves and other people. We learn from our mistakes and accept the consequences of our actions.
- Inquiring – We show curiosity, perseverance, and open-mindedness in seeking to understand and solve problems. We persevere in the face of difficulties and we embrace the learning that comes through failure as well as the joy of success.
- Compassionate – We empathize with others and act with care, kindness, and courage. In our interactions, we behave with patience, generosity, and integrity.
- Balanced – We believe in a broad education for our students, seeing the value of participation in a varied curriculum.
- Diverse – We treasure the diversity within the IST community, using the rich opportunities for a deeper understanding that comes from our differences.
IST Strategic Plan
Our Strategic Plan is in place to help our community align efforts to better reach our school’s mission, vision, and values. This plan is focused on three aims.
- Personalized Learning:
- Ensure alignment between the written, taught and assessed curriculum
- Implement a strong, multi-tiered system of support to students, consistent with IST’s common understanding of inclusion
- Improve our ability to offer a balanced program with opportunities for excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics
- Provide exemplary transition programs between campuses and other institutions of learning
- Ensure reporting models support effective partnerships with parents and their child’s learning
- Develop a strong internal professional learning community to embed successful professional learning experiences
- Ensure IST students’ appropriate use of technology supports their learning
- Engaged Community:
- Improve IST’s local, global and international reputation
- Provide opportunities for IST students and faculty to connect with local and global experts
- Develop partnerships within the local community to improve student experiences
- Improve processes and systems to improve communication within the IST community
- Build reciprocal structures to connect alumni with the current student
- Establish sustainable and supportive relationships with government ministries (g) Promote positive school spirit within and across campuses
- Ensured Sustainability:
- Review the master site plan to ensure school facilities support learning experiences
- Maintain fiscal discipline and transparency within the IST community
- Develop the school’s capacity to recruit/retain excellent employees
- Lessen IST’s environmental footprint
- Align governing models with best practice
Summary of the Role
To assist the School Librarian in promoting and developing the school library in order to provide an efficient service and information service to students, parents, and staff enabling development and learning.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
(a) Experience: 5+ years’ of experience in working in a library would be an advantage; (b) Must have a Diploma in Library and Information Studies;
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written
- Sound decision making, solutions-focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
- Experience in developing and/or sustaining high-performance teams
- Highly effective relationship developer with a variety of stakeholders
- Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Internationally minded, emotional intelligence
- Intercultural awareness, creative
- Flexible and capable of managing growth and instilling high standards (f) Adept in multilingual settings, professional and nurturing
The primary responsibilities for Library Assistant at Elementary School will be:
- Managing the issuing and returning of the library’s stock
- Shelving stock and keeping the library in good order
- Withdrawing stock under the direction of the school librarian
- Provide support for cataloging of new material to the library
- Processing new material so that it is ready for shelving
- Help library users find material to meet their needs
- Encourage pupils and staff in using the library through supporting a range of library-based activities
- Supporting the school librarian with the supervision of students using the library
- Interact with parents, students, teachers, and staff in a friendly and professional manner
Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal
Particulars of the Search
Prospective applicants should based in Tanzania and need to formally apply. Applicants should submit a letter (in English) describing her/his fit and interest in the position along with an up-to-date curriculum vitae/resume which includes the names, addresses and contact details of three (3) referees.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to email@example.com before close of business on Monday 7th June, 2021