Network Specialist (Core) at NMB Bank
Network Specialist (Core) at NMB Bank. To plan, organize and deliver cost effective and efficient network infrastructure services (Data, Voice, & Video) that meets and exceeds business and customers’ expectations (availability, performance, resiliency, security and continuous improvement).
- Review and validate internal customer/business requirements in order to create High-Level and Low-Level Network Designs that meets and exceeds the requirements.
- Develop, Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, processes, standards and guidelines for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all Core network infrastructure equipment for the Data Center Network connecting network segments.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of network services continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
- Enhance approaches and technical methods used by Networks team/NOC/Field Support for Branch Network support and troubleshooting techniques to ensure smooth branch business operations.
- Review and Support Data center Networks and enhancement of the existing Network infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
- Administer network systems related to NMB branch LAN, WAN, Business partners and Internet to ensure optimized performance and quality in a secure manner.
- Work with Network Service Providers & Suppliers to ensure bank’s remote channels and business partners integrations are done effective and completed within agreed timelines.
- Supplier service Contract review and SLA enforcement Management as well as bills validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary and custodian of IP Address Management.
- Responsible for managing and executing internal proof of concepts on new technologies to improve network performance.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing to Level 1 Support team & Network Specialists on solutions to un-documented issues.
- Monitoring of network devices and pinpointing of critical issues exceeding thresholds that could lead to downtime, Support network users with access to network resources.
- Knowledge of bank’s products and operations.
- Advanced knowledge of the Network Support and troubleshooting.
- Cisco (IOS, NX-OS, IOS-XE), Palo Alto (PAN-OS), Radware Alteon, Fortinet and checkpoints Firewalls.
- Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & Lightweight Access Points.
- Strong knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation.
- In-depth knowledge of IP networks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols.
- Strong knowledge of Network Data & Voice technologies
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- IT Service Management skills; Project Management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision and work under pressure.
- Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members especially level 1 and field support.
- Strong understanding of encryption technologies over wide area networks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related academic field.
- Must have current CCNP R&S/Enterprise and CCNP DC
- Aspirations to become CCIE – DC an added advantage.
- Other Network Professional certifications such as ITILv3, CCIP, CCVP, CCDP, CCDE, ISE, PCNSE, Fortinet NSE, Checkpoint CCSA&CCSE, Radware, F5
- In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS.
- 5+ years combined networking, security, telephony, video, unified communications experience Network design, implementation and support environment.
- In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, Firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto, Checkpoint) and Radware Load balancers.
- In-depth experience of Cisco WAN, VPN, Wired and Wireless LAN technologies
- Knowledge with DC technologies, (VPC, SAN, UCS, FI etc.)
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”
The deadline for submitting the application is 22 June 2021.