AFDP Programme July, 2021
Prime Minister’s Office invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill various posts in Coordination Unit of Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme- AFDP as mentioned below:
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR-1 POST
Programme Coordinator that will be liaising with the Focal Persons in Ministries of Agriculture, Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries, and Ministry of Finance and Planning. The position will be operating within the Prime Minister’s Office and he or she will be responsible for all matters pertaining to the effective implementation, management and coordination of activities for effective delivery on the Agriculture and Fishery Development Programme (AFDP) objectives. He/ she will also be responsible for technical support to the district teams, secure required resources, and use formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes and manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs.
Programme Coordinator will be reporting to Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister’s Office, (Policy, Coordination. Parliament. Labor, Youth, Employment and Disabled),
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consolidate annual work plans and budgets of AFDP and submit to Technical Advisory Committee, Programme Steering Committee and IFAD for approval;
- Function as Secretariat for Programme Steering Committee (PSC);
- Manage annual reviews and any other learning events;
- Supervise the consolidation and review of reports (Annual, Semi-Annual and Quarterly Progress reports);
- Follow up on day-to-day implementation activities of the programme;
- Advice Technical Advisory Committee and Programme Steering Committee on all matters of the programme and how best can the programme deliver;
- Organize quarterly meetings to review implementation progress
- Other programme related duties as they will be assigned by the Permanent Secretary
Holder of Master’s Degree from a recognized Institution in Agriculture, Animal Production, Animal Sciences, Project Management, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Economics, or any other related field.
- A candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in leading or coordinating implementation of development programme, preferably in Public Institution or regional and international organization.
- A candidate with understanding of programme areas of seeds and fisheries sectors will be given priority.
- Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
One year contract, renewable for six years based on performance with six months’ probation period.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants should have good understanding of legal, administrative and operational standards and procedures in the Tanzania context;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister’s Office,
Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.o. Box 980,
Government City – Mtumba,
Deadline for application is 30th July, 2021