topic 5 : EXPRESSING ONGOING ACTIVITIES – form one english notes
TOPIC 5: EXPRESSING ONGOING ACTIVITIES
This activity can be done by individual or somebody else. They refer to what is going on at a time of observation guessing, talking and so on. This is Present Continuous Tense or Progressive Aspect
The verbs end with …ing
- Martha and Consolata are sweeping the floor
- It is looking at you
- They are eating rice
- You are playing nicely
When you go to school in the morning there are a lot of activities going on, you will see:
- Some students sweeping the compound
- Some students watering the flowers
- Some students parading
- Some teachers shouting to the students
- Parents paying fees.
Flowering, watering, chasing, snoring, reading, shouting, waiting, glorying, drinking, ringing, banking, blowing, cutting, shrinking .
Note: present continuous tense He She is It
I am + verb ……………ing
They We are You
Other Examples of Ongoing Activities
- I am teaching computers.
- My mother is watering the garden.
- She was cooking Ugali.
- The sun is shining the whole day.
- Are you travelling to Accra?
- The bell will ring at 4:30am.