POST: TECHNICIAN II (GEOLOGY) – 10 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) WATER, MINING AND NATURAL RESOURCES
EMPLOYER Mining Commission
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-07-06 2021-07-19
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare necessary documents, data and information for issuance, renewal, revoke and suspension of licenses, permits and certificates of mining activities;
- To assist in collection of geological data and information related to exploration, mining, exploitation and mineral trade;
- To prepare documents, reports, plans and other logistics to facilitate inspection and monitoring of mineral exploration and prospection activities.
- To assist in controlling minerals smuggling through major exit points;
- To undertake routine systematic geological sample collection, preparation, storage and submission to laboratory for further investigation;
- To assist in collection, compilation and pre-processing of Mineral Rights and licensing applications
- To assist in preparation of responses to customer queries and searches;
- To develop individual objectives or targets and all performance standards as part of the individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate supervisor and
- To perform any other duty as assigned by superiors.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holder of a Diploma or FTC in Geology from a recognized Institute.
REMUNERATION MCSS 4
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 July 2021.