2 Waste Management Operators at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
WASTE MANAGEMENT OPERATOR (2 VACANCIES)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Waste Management Operator to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align with the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Environment department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost-effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for receiving waste deliveries and running the waste management facilities including the waste storage area, bioremediation pad, landfill, compost area, and other waste areas
- Undertake waste collection from waste transfer locations or points of generation to disposal facilities e.g. Incinerators, landfill etc., ensuring no accumulation of waste in the transfer locations
- Operation of the onsite bio-remediation facility
- Deliver food and other organic waste to the compost area, and ensure it is maintained to the optimal conditions as per procedure
- Conduct a daily inspection of the waste facilities assigned to you and report non-conformances and waste hazards
- Take and keep records of waste delivered to the storage areas, recycled, re-used, landfilled, etc. and submit the daily records to the supervisor
- Conduct pre-start inspection of equipment and working tools prior to operations
- Operate waste equipment and machine as per the operating standard
- Ensure all equipment are kept in good condition and report faults or breakdown to the supervisor in a timely manner
- Maintain good housekeeping on the waste management facilities
- Ensure waste bins and cages are in good and functioning condition
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in a safe manner
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and
- Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- Certificate of Secondary Education
- Valid Tanzanian Driver’s License (Class E)
READ ALSO: 6 Job Search Tips That People Forget
- Minimum of 3 years experience in environmental management in the extractive industry
- Previous experience in waste management activities
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of waste management segregation and good practices
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- A reasonable level of accuracy and record keeping
- Reasonable communication skills in both English and Swahili (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Basic computer skills
- General safety awareness
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely from our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social and economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.