POST: GEOLOGIST II – 3 POST
POST CATEGORY(S) WATER, MINING AND NATURAL RESOURCES
EMPLOYER Mining Commission
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2021-07-06 2021-07-19
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in preliminary process of issuance, renewal, revoke and suspension of licenses, permits and certificates of mining activities;
- To assist in inspection and monitoring of mineral exploration/ prospecting activities to ensure that they are executed in accordance to approved programmes and budget;
- To assist in qualification and quantification of the produced minerals;
- To assist in processing and issuing of export and import permits for minerals;
- To assist in inspection of major, medium and small-scale mining development projects and ensure that they operate according to safety, health and environmental country guidelines
- To collect and sort quarterly reports submitted by mining operators and evaluate performance against work program;
- To assist in establishment and maintenance of database of the mineral potential for promotion of value addition activities in the country;
- To assist in maintaining the Mining License Register;
- To assist data/information updates on Mineral Trading and Exports registers at RMOs and cadastre
- To advise Mineral Rights and Licenses applicants on the status of their application;
- To prepare responses to customer queries and searches and draft written official responses an
- To perform any other duties as assigned by superiors.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor Degree in Geology or equivalent qualification from recognized Institution.
REMUNERATION MCSS 6
The deadline for submitting the application is 19 July 2021.