POSITION TITLE: SHIFT IN – CHARGE – (3 POSTS)
Key qualifications for the Shift In – Charge;
- Holder of 1st Degree in any profession. (Higher qualification will be advantageous);
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages;
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen;
- Between 35 and 40 years of age.
Duties and Responsibilities of shift In – Charge
The shift In – Charge who reports to the Regional Manager through the Axle Load Control Supervisor (ALCS) will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of Weighbridge scale devices;
- Supervising shift activities that among others including:
- Weighing motor vehicles Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) >500Kg plying on our public Roads;
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporters incase of non compliance with vehicle dimension limit;
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters on Axle Load Control to the Regional Manager through the ALCS;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Regional Manager / ALCS;
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their applications in writing enclosing detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant education and professional certificates, Birth Certificates together with names of two referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later that 07th May, 2021. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 4838,
Dar es Salaam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07th May, 2021.