Plant Operator – 8 PostsCVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Risk Management Monitor safety,
- Equipment, production and quality risk at all times and report any significant change in risk.
- Be pro-active in hazard identification and correction.
- Ensure the water plant production is maximised and operating within the selected process design parameters.
- To make adjustments in the field as directed by the Process Controller and/or Plant supervisor.
- To conduct plant walkdowns, inspections and routines to identify any safety hazards and faulty equipment and process conditions.
- To check on stock levels of chemicals and to action the top up of chemicals where required.
- To check the chemical dosing systems are dosing as per required dose rates.
- Take representative samples, perform laboratory analysis and report results.
- To carry out daily inspection of all mechanical, electrical and instrumentation equipment and report any defects.
- Start and stop equipment /open and close valves in the field as directed by the Process Controller/ Control Room Operator.
- Perform plant standby, running, isolation and fault finding procedures.
- To verify the equipment in the field is operating within the required parameters in terms of flow, pressure etc.
- Check on and report on feed dam, brine pond, sludge pond and storage tank levels.
- Carry out Ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis membrane Cleaning procedures when instructed.
- Complete all shift logs with the appropriate plant data as per frequencies and schedules.
- Take routine plant samples in accordance with the specified procedure and as per the required frequencies.
- Take external water samples as per required schedules, label and issue for distribution.
- Lab Procedures Follow the required analytical methods as per procedures.Document all results on shift logs and report any out of specification results to the Process Controller/Control Room Operator.
- Report all equipment and plant defects as soon as possible and assist in generating a formal defect.
- Report any out of normal operating conditions.
- Safety, Health & Environment Ensure all client and company policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure all work performed is covered by suitable risk assessments
Ensure that good housekeeping practices on the plant are always maintained at a high level. A place for everything and everything in its place.
- Matric, Grade 12 with a pass in both Maths and Science.
- 1 year Plant Assistant experience.
- Water treatment Plant Operator experience.
- 1 year as a Plant Assistant on a mine water plant.
- Track record of being able to work within a plant operating team.
- Operating experience on mine water, water purification and wastewater treatment plants.
Knowledge and Skills Technical Analysis
- Basic mechanical and electrical understanding of plants and equipment, with the associated risks.
- Awareness of industry safety standards.
- Understanding of plant operation and control philosophies.
- Awareness of SCADA systems.
- Basic sample techniques.
- Basic laboratory techniques
- Awareness of chemical handling methods.
- Awareness of standby, running and isolation checks.
- Complete inspection and data logs.
- Ability to solve plant deviations, choosing from a set selection of documented options.
Physical Attributes The candidate should be able to handle the following conditions:
- Exposure to noise, dust, grease, smoke, gases, hazardous chemicals, solvents, toxic materials, within the allowable exposure limits.
- Work and walk on various types of surfaces including uneven surfaces.
- Exposure to all weather types and temperature conditions.
- Work around water bodies.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Moderate to heavy lifting.
- Standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling and crouching.
- Working at heights.
- Compliance Ability to follow defined site procedures.
- Trainable Open to growth and new learning. Disciplined in applying the learning received