EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES FOR PUBLIC SERVANTS
The Bank of Tanzania, an equal opportunity employer and Tanzania’s Central Bank, is looking for suitably qualified public servants to fill the following vacancies at the Head Office, Dodoma, Sub Head Offices in Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar and its Branches in Arusha, Mbeya, Mtwara, Mwanza and the Training Institute, Mwanza.
Position: Assistant Nursing Officer – 5 Post
Reports to: Head of Division
Contract type: Permanent and Pensionable
To provide safe and professional nursing services to staff and specified members of their families.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist the Medical Officer in attending to routine and emergency treatment.
- Initiating requisition for medicines and other medical supplies.
- Supervise Ward Attendants and other support staff at the dispensary.
- Ensure that accurate nursing records are maintained in accordance with agreed policy.
- Deliver quality nursing services to patients and assist subordinate staff to deliver the same using appropriate nursing process.
- Provide health education and counselling to patients and staff.
- Assess patient’s condition, plan, implement, document and evaluate individualized care.
- Collect and analyse health statistics and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Visit patients and provide necessary assistance.
- Maintain Health and Safety at dispensary by ensuring that infection, prevention and control principles are followed.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned
Education/Professional Qualifications required:
- Ordinary diploma in Nursing from a recognized University or College with at least upper second class;
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council of Tanganyika;
- Working experience of not more than nine years in the related field.
- Applicants should apply through their current employers.
- Applicants must attach an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact address, email and telephone numbers.
- Applicants must attach the following:
- Certified copies of Degree, Advanced Diploma or Ordinary Diploma certificates.
- Certified copies of Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Certified Professional Certifications from respective Professional bodies
- Certified birth certificate.
- One recent passport size photograph.
- Form IV and form VI results slips are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants should indicate two reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants are required to apply for one position only. Applicants who will apply for more than one position will be disqualified.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope containing the application letter.
- Applicants are required to disclose relevant information in their applications. Giving false or incomplete information will lead to disqualification at any time during the recruitment process or after appointment.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed application letter, Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified certificates to the following address:
Administration and Internal Controls,
Bank of Tanzania,
2 Mirambo Street,
11884 DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for submitting the application is 18 June 2021 at 16.00 pm.