Jinsi Ya Kujisajili Na Kupata Cheti Cha Kuzaliwa ( Registration of Births )
Registration of Births
Registration of births is governed by the Births and Deaths Registration Act, (CAP 108, R.E 2002)
According to the law a birth is require to be registered within 90 days of the occurrence and a Death within 30days, and that event Must be occured within the borders of mainland Tanzania.However, the law allows for late registration. The duty to register a birth lies on the following:
NB: Father or mother, and, in default of the father and mother, of the occupier of the house in which to his knowledge such child is born, and of each person present at the birth, and of the persons having charge of such child, to register the birth within three months of birth.
PROCEDURE TO OBTAIN BIRTH CERTIFICATE
1: Registration of birth within 90 days
- If the Birth occurred in hospitals, health centers and dispensaries, ensure you obtain Notification of Birth.
- In case of a birth occurring at home report to Village Executive Officer or the District Registrar of Births and Deaths to obtain notification of Birth. This should be done within 90 days.
- Submit notification of Birth to District Registrar of Births and Deaths of the District within which the birth occurred.
- Pay appropriate fee for Certificate (current fee rate Tshs. 3500/=).
2: Late registration of birth over 90 days but below 10 years.
- Fill and submit Registration form, B3 (Filled by Parents/Guardian)
- Affix one passport size photograph of the child.
- Attach supporting documents ( Clinic card, Baptismal certificate if applicable, Letter from relevant government authorities such as Ward Executive Officer (WEO), Village Executive Officer ), for proof of date birth, place of birth and nationality of parents.
Pay appropriate fee ( current rate fee 4000/=)
3: Late Registration of Births above 10 years
- Fill and submit Registration Form B3 (Filled by Parents/Guardian).
- Affix passport size photograph.
- Attach supporting documents (Clinic card, Baptismal certificate if applicable, School leaving certificates. Letter from relevant government authorities such as Ward Executive Officer (WEO), Village Executive Officer), for proof of date birth, place of birth and nationality of parents.
- Pay appropriate fee ( current fee rate in RITA HQ Tshs 20,000/= and ).
- Districts 10,000/=
4: To obtain a copy of birth certificate after the original has been lost.
- Submit request indicating entry number, name, date of registration and place of birth.
- Pay appropriate fee ( current fee rate Tshs.3500/= being Tshs 1500/= search fee and Tshs 2000/= for certificate)
5: To make correction on the certificate of birth
- Submit request for correction
- Attach supporting documents
- Surrender certificate which needs to be corrected.
- Pay appropriate fee if application allowed( current fee rate Tshs.6500/=being 3000/= correction fee , 1500/= search fee and 2000/= certificate fee)
How to Apply and Verfy Online for Birth Certificate Verification
If you are applying for Higher Education Students’ Loans Board (HESLB) and need to verify Your birth cerificate then online verification of birth certificate can be done by following steps
- Visit the he Registration Insolvency and Trusteeship Agency (RITA) Uhakiki portal >>http://uhakiki.rita.go.tz/uhakiki/
- Click on “List of services icon” and select “ ”
- Select Service name as Birth Certificate Verification or go directly to this link >>http://uhakiki.rita.go.tz/uhakiki/
- Now Click on Apply icon under Birth Registration and Certificate section
- In Login section, Click on “New Registration”
- Enter Applicant personal details and address details
- Set your USER ID and Password
- Login with your credentials and then fill Birth Certificate Verification form
- Submit the form and get application number to check status of birth certificate