DEPUTY PRODUCTION LEAD
Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI) is a social enterprise company pioneering the sustainable flavour manufacturing industry in Tanzania, focusing on vanilla, cocoa, orange and coffee. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, to value-add manufacturing and to international sales and marketing. The supply chain currently integrates over 6,000 farmers from Kilimanjaro, Kagera, Morogoro, Arusha and Mbeya regions, and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver long-term socioeconomic impact, increasing smallholder household net income by 50%, on average.
Duties & responsibilities
The main objective of this assignment is to work directly with the Production Lead ,in the following:
- Developing, improving and implementing production Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Monitoring the efficiency of production employees and machines against Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and production targets, using statistical process control methods.
- Investigating discrepancies against standards and instigating appropriate corrective action.
- Enforcing company standards including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Health Practices (GHPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs),Operational Prerequisite Programs (OPRPs), and any other requirement of Food Safety Systems Certification (FSSC), organic (USDA, EU, JAS) and regulatory compliance matters.
- Preparing cost estimates for materials and equipment.
- Preparing human resource estimates and communication for hiring of seasonal/full-time laborers.
- Assisting the production lead with production schedules and timesheets. ● Streamline the order to cash process to ensure timely delivery.
- Liaising and coordinating the production team with other departments, particularly Quality Assurance, Logistics/Procurement/Stores, and Supply Chain.
- Resolving production issues or disputes where requested.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Production Management, Operations Management, or similar
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to confidently and proactively supervise production teams.
- Exceptional analytical ability toward solving production-related concerns ● Knowledge of procuring materials, equipment, and labor needed throughout the production process.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Attentive to details
- Ability to complete written reports legibly and accurately
- Excellent time management, task prioritization abilities , detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to thrive in a fast‑paced environment.
- Professional/technical skills, including high proficiency with Google G Suite and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Expressions of interest
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org , including your CV and a brief cover letter by 16th July 2021.
Natural Extracts Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical disability or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.