Summary: We are currently seeking an experienced, and thorough professional with experience in both finance and administration to join our organization. In this role, you will be helping with a variety of administrative tasks, creating budgets, paying expenses and keeping track of all receipts and expenditures as well as overseeing payroll and government reporting.
You will help us abide with the set of laws related to nonprofits. Other tasks include monitoring the financial position, financial performance, and cash flows of our organization revising any discrepancies of reports; and keeping up with our assets.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled • Oversee the processing of payroll
- Detect and address potential compliance issues proactively
- Maintain highly organized and updated payment files
- Keep up with all upcoming school fees to our students’ schools as well as their living and medical expenses. Do posting in QuickBooks accounts package
- Develop budgets for funding and operational budgets
- Send finance monitoring reports to the executive Director
- Report directly to our executive director.
Qualifications and skills:
- Self-motivation, integrity, team working ability
- Organizational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Proficiency in using Google documents, files and sheets
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online a must
- Experience as a bookkeeper or in accounting
- Advanced MS Excel skills and experience with general ledger functions • Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree. CPA or CMA is an added advantage. Application deadline is March 20, 2021. Applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.