Our client is a well-established international development company. The Client is seeking to fill the position of Finance Officer in Tanzania with a suitably qualified and competent finance professional.
Reporting to the Country Lead, the Finance Officer will provide Finance technical assistance to NTD Program, at national, provincial and district level ensuring that ARISE-NTDs funds are made available at the stipulated times, and that they are used for previously agreed support plan for the NTD Program specifically interventions for the implementation of MDAs and surveillance. He/She will support the budgeting and financial execution of a wide range of interventions at NTD program, tailored to needs and context of the implementation of the ARISE Plan to support neglected tropical diseases for the period from September 2021 to May 2022.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to ensure that project implementation is done in an environment of strong controls and that the project complies with donor rules and regulations.
- Take the lead in assuring the quality management of local sub grants to provinces from inception to closure through support development and understanding of adequate financial management systems and maintenance of strong financial controls to guarantee compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure that programming and operations staff of NTD Program improve their understanding of CIFF granting mechanisms and build their capacity to adhere to donor regulations related to reporting, human resources, asset management, and procurement.
- Make sure vouchers, monthly journals, invoices, financial reports, accruals and other financial deliverables are well prepared and filed both in hard and electronic copies.
- Reconcile all control accounts on monthly/quarterly basis to ensure completeness and integrity of financial information e.g. Bank & Cash, Prepayments, Accruals, Staff Debtors etc. and report accordingly in a timely manner.
- Assist in responding to audit requests and manage close out processes.
- Prepare presentation/discussion of financial reports of funds disbursed by ARISE
- Timely submission of budgeting in support of ToR development of agreed activities
- Populate and manage the contract tracker
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets
- In close coordination with country lead prepare the financial reports of the activities implemented with the technical and financial support of ARISE as requested by the NTD Program.
The job holder should have the following qualifications:
A holder of CPA (T) or ACCA and a Bachelor Degree of Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or other relevant degree
5 Years’ experience in financial roles.
General Knowledge of ICT, MS Office
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.careeroptionsafricagroup.com and www.hreastafrica.com for more details on this position.
Send CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th September 2021 with subject heading, as FINANCE OFFICER. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for interview as soon as their CVs are received.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.