Prime Minister’s Office -AFDP Programme
Prime Minister’s Office invites dynamics and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill various posts in Coordination Unit of Agriculture and Fisheries Development Programme- AFDP as mentioned below:
The Finance Officer reports directly to the Programme Coordinator, and is responsible for financial management of the AFDP Programme and for maintaining all Programme accounts in good order. He/she will take charge of all matters in the Programme accounting cycle.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the general supervision and authority of the Programme Coordinator, Finance Officer will be responsible for the following duties;
- Installation of appropriate accounting/reporting systems to ensure that the PCU and especially the Programme Coordinator are regularly informed of on-going financial status and transactions;
- Follow up on preparations of source documents, payments vouchers, journal vouchers;
- Ensure chronological filing of documents with adequate cross reference to ensure ease of retrieval;
- Follow up of accountabilities, maintaining a detailed log of outstanding accountabilities;
- Ensure timely capture of programme in the Government budget as required by the Government budgeting processes and calendars;
- Communicate to all implementing partner institutions and service providers their financial responsibilities, the funds available and how to access it, and the requirements of reporting and record keeping in accordance with prevailing government practices which are acceptable to IFAD;
- Ensure that all programme funds are used in accordance with conditions of the financing agreements, with due attention to economy and efficiency and only for the purposes for which the funds were provided;
- Ensure that all necessary supporting documents records and accounts are kept in respect to all programme activities, with clear linkages between the books of accounts and financial statements presented to the financiers;
- Ensure that designated account and operational accounts are maintained in accordance with the provisions of the financing agreement and in accordance with the finance rules and procedures;
- Contribute to the preparation/ revisions of the programme implementation and Financial Manuals;
- Ensure the programme’s financial procedures detailed in the programme implementation and financial manuals are strictly adhered to by all programme staff and executing agencies at the national and local levels;
- Ensure that the financial statements are prepared in accordance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards as adopted in Tanzania;
- Liaise with external auditors to audit the Programme accounts to meet the required submission dates by both Government and IFAD;
- Liaise with the designated Programme Accountants from the implementing institutions to ensure that Statement of Expenditures are prepared in timely manner and forwarded to IFAD;
- Process documentation and follow up on disbursement from government and IFAD to ensure that releases are not delayed.
- Ensure that funds for programme implementation are disbursed in a timely manner to enable Programme innervations to be carried out on time.
- Any other assignment or relevant duties in the field of his/her competences as may be assigned by the PC
Degree in accounting, finance or financial management or any other related field and a registered CPA/ACCA. A Master Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting and project financial management preferably in high performing Public Institution or regional and international organization.
- Experience with Government of Tanzania financial management and accounting systems, procurement procedures and evaluating quotes, bids, tenders and drafting contracts.
- Understanding of project management procedures for international funded projects, including auditing.
- Experience in IFAD Funded projects will be added advantage.
Two years contract, renewable for 6 years based on performance with 6 months’ probation period.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants should have good understanding of legal, administrative and operational standards and procedures in the Tanzania context;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Birth certificate.
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts.
- Applicants employed in the Public Service should route their application letters through their respective employers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action.
Qualified candidates should submit their application, including a letter of interest, complete Curriculum Vitae and copies of Academic qualification to:
Prime Minister’s Office,
Policy, Coordination, Parliament, Labour, Youth, Employment and the Disabled,
P.o. Box 980,
Government City – Mtumba,
Deadline for application is 30th July, 2021