Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 28-Jun-2021
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- The key purpose of the Forensic Analyst is to ensure prevention and detection of fraud in Vodacom processes and systems.
- In addition to checking on the integrity of systems in place, the position requires an inclination towards continuous improvements in fraud detection, proactive design and implementation of preventive controls and detecting anomalies.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Regularly review and ensure that proper fraud controls are implemented on Vodacom systems
- Perform fraud forensic analysis/ investigations upon breach of rules set in the fraud management system(s) or upon receiving information via other channels.
- Perform regular fraud assessment on revenue streams.
- Quantify and report on fraud losses, fraud loss prevented and fraud loss recovered as part of management briefings, attend Regulatory fraud related tasks.
- Research new fraud management methodologies and controls – ensure the same are updated on Vodacom fraud management policies, procedures and systems.
Core Competencies & Technical qualifications
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Attention to Detail: Ability to focus on the lowest level of detail and assess the impact at the macro level
- Strong analytical skills and a good grasp of forensic investigation methodologies
- Strong mix and combination of Technical/engineering skills as well as Financial skills
- Passion for the role: Exhibit enthusiasm and a can-do attitude about work and deliverables
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in at least one of the following: IT, Technology, Engineering
- Strong data analysis skills e.g. on SQL, PL/SQL, ACL
- Knowledge of revenue assurance methodologies
Fraud Strategy and Risk Management