Foundry– 4 Posts
Tanzania Automotive Technology Centre (TATC) synonymously known as “Shirika la Nyumbu” was formally established on the 14th December 1985 through a Presidential Order, made under the Public Corporations Act 1969. TATC’s mission is to develop a reputable capacity for automotive engineering by conducting research and innovation, technology transfer and quality assurance services.
TATC is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Defence and National Service (MoDNS).
TATC seeks to recruit intelligent and result-oriented Tanzanians with high integrity to fill 20 vacant posts mentioned below:-
Report to: Chief Workshop Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Foundry- 4 Posts
- To operate foundry equipment and machinery.
- To pour molten metal into mould for casting.
- To repair moulds.
- To read and record temperatures of molten metal.
- To make moulds of simple castings.
- To make moulds in green and sodium silicate bonded sands.
- To operate with high degree of confidence all simple foundry machines.
- To operate heat treatment equipment and machinery.
- To pack and protect parts against decarburization or scaling during treatment.
- To set, read and record temperature of treatment furnace.
- To carry out heat treatment of simple parts.
- To make protective materials on parts intended for treatment.
- To operate with high degree of confidence simple heat treatment furnace, being able to carry out annealing, hardening and tempering of simple parts.
Holder of form IV Certificate (CSEE) and NVTA1/ CBET II or Trade Test Grade II in one of the following field: Foundry, Electrical Installation, Motor Vehicle, Fitter Mechanics, Welding, Spray Painting and Panel Beating and Masonry equivalent qualifications from recognised institution.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Applicants must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- The title of the position applied should be written in the subject of the application letter marked on the envelope.
- Applicant must attach their relevant certified copies of academic certificates, one recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
- Applicants who currently employed in the Public Service should route the application letters through their respective employers.
- Application letter should be written in Swahili or English.
- Application should be sent to the undersigned not later than 12nd August, 2021 at 4.00 PM
The Director General,
Private Bag, Nyumbu- Kibaha, PWANI.
Tel: 0738 341 330/0738 309 363
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date of interview.
Remuneration will be according to TATC Scheme of Service.