North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit two (02) Graduate Geologist to join our team. The successful candidates for these positions will be accountable in day-to-day geological activities required to safely, effectively and to schedule – define, extract, stockpile, blend, report, reconcile gold production and to deal with the collection and interpretation of geological data that would benefit the ore definition process and lead to the identification of additional gold resources outside of reserve with zero injury within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and Best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies.
Reporting to: Senior Geologist.
Contract Duration: Permanent
- Ensure and adherence to all statutory requirements and Company Safety, Health and Environmental standards and procedures
- Ensure the efficient planning and coordination of all geological activities to meet operational targets
- Supervise and be responsible for the day to day geological open pit and underground activities in and around the mining operations
- Providing geological support to the operation while assisting with effective supervision of junior staff to help maximize resource definition, geological understanding and profitable ore extraction
- Ensuring the best collection of geological data is done at high acceptable standard levels: Collar, Surveys, Lithology and Assays. Ensure data validation is done before uploading into database
- Management of drilling programmes to meet grade control, mineral resource conversion and mine planning requirements for accurate and timely ore and waste characterization
- Planning drill holes with the aid of assay data and lithological logging as interpreted from sections to identify potential areas for gold spatial distribution in relation to structures and lithological units
- Ensure the correct designing of the drilling instructions so the drill holes are drilled according to planned targets
- Ensure all Drill Cores and RC samples are logged and sampled on time to avoid backlog
- Make sure all ore mined from pit and underground goes to the right place (stockpile or plant)
- Undertake and complete both underground and open pit floor and face walls geological mapping
- Accurate digging and facing of ore and waste, to minimize dilution and ore loss (enforce correct mining practice)
- Perform entire grade control processes from data entry, interpretation, grade modelling, data transfer to survey and production recording reconciliation
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Geology.
- At least 3 months to 1 years or less practical experience in mining geology or exploration
- Strong communication, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong understanding of the geology and structural concepts.
- Basic knowledge of Vulcan, Leapfrog, Micromine, Surpac, and other geological and mine planning software package and database.
- Have good work ethic and be goal oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Current light vehicle driver’s license.
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office software.ie Power point
- Familiarity with and commitment to HSE best practice.
- Highly organized, systematic and meticulous.
- Ability to work day and night shifts.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 04th July, 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com