Human Resource Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Title: Human Resource Assistant
Direct Reports: PROJECT FINANCE & HR MANAGER
Location: NDUTA CAMP
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- HR, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs working on the same context..
- Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
- Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Project HR Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Detail-oriented, team spirit, discreet, communication and organisational skill, strong motivation to evolve within an international context, behavioural flexibility, stress and time management.
- Tanzanian labour law knowledges are requested.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). HR software and advance excel level is requested.
- Managing staff personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in HR meetings.
- Roster management: double check rosters and challenge supervisors on annual leave plan.
- Objective setting and appraisal processes are followed-up closely to make sure all staffs are evaluated.
- Participate to finance activities: develop finance skills to cover cashier position when it’s needed.
- Additional HR / Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR Manager.
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Wednesday, April 05th ,2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “HUMAN RESOURCE ASSISTANT”.
Please send your application to the email address:
The applications can also be sent to
Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted