Reporting directly to the Director of Human Resources, this is a key position responsible for ensuring HR service excellence at CRDB Bank PLC with a broad scope across all generalist HR queries and administration, reward and benefits, payroll and people analytics. The role requires a focus on continuing to improve service excellence, standardize delivery and ensure best-in-class employee experiences.
- Accountable for the operational delivery of HR Services, aligned with the People Strategy, collaborating with other HR units.
- Own the creation, documentation, and management of the end-to-end employee lifecycle HR processes including onboarding and integration, exits, and maintenance of employee records.
- Continuously improve the quality of HR data and processes to ensure meaningful and trustworthy business metrics and a positive employee experience.
- Collaborate with key partners, including HRIS, to ensure appropriate internal controls and relevant internal audits are in place.
- Develop clear service level standards that define expectations and create accountability for delivering enhanced value through HR Shared Services.
- Partner to build dashboards & reporting to enable transparency and access to information and metrics that inform HR and business leaders.
- Maintain a high level of HR operational efficiency and service quality.
- Continuously monitor team’s operational efficiency and service quality levels through evaluation of appropriate indicators/measures/indices (E.g. SLAs, stakeholder’s feedback, complaints, quality and timeliness of standing returns/reports) and take appropriate steps to improve.
- Periodically review HR operation systems and processes to ensure they are fit for purpose.
Payroll, Benefits and Statutory Administration & HR Budget Management
- Oversight on remuneration surveys and subsequent recommendations.
- Work as a leader in the Banks’ payroll function to improve efficacy, efficiency and accuracy in all processes that drive the organization’s processing of pay cycles.
- Develop, manage and implement Compensation and Benefits strategy, policies and procedures for CRDB Bank Plc.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring trends in the labour markets and reward and benefits packages, including salary surveys, ad-hoc surveys, etc. and advise management on the same, based on interpretation of key market data analysis, thus advising on best practice.
- Regularly report on compensation and benefits trends in the bank such as commission schemes, incentive schemes, airtime usage etc. and advise management on managing such trends in conjunction with HR policy and best practices.
- Conduct job evaluations and advise on salary scales and internal pay equity.
- Responsible for preparing annual salary and benefits budget as well as payroll budget, monitoring and reporting on the same.
- Manage Payroll administration in ensuring Banks compliance with statutory and policy requirements pertaining to Compensation and Benefits for staff, including pensions administration, medical insurance, personal accident insurance, etc.
- Develop creative, broad-based compensation programs and policies by utilizing knowledge of business objectives, compensation principles, methods, best practices and government regulation.
People Management Functions
- Build, organize and lead a high performing team to deliver the HR operations agenda in CRDB Bank Plc.
- Enhance continuous performance improvement of team members through individual training and development plans.
- Responsible in inspiring and motivating subordinates to work under the bank values.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline. A Postgraduate qualification would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of solid management experience in Human Resources operations, Compensation & Benefits Management and understanding of HR Principles.
- Substantial experience in reviewing, redesigning and implementing high volume transactional HR processes using LEAN principles and which have resulted in inefficiencies and improvements.
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a shared services model, including self-service and HR systems.
- Project management knowledge gained through either qualification or experience.
- Awareness and understanding of total reward trends and practices in and outside Tanzania.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to build and manage effective internal and external relationships.
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidentially.
- Good communicator able to present complex information to ease decision-making