Rijk Zwaan is active in Tanzania in seed production and breeding support (Rijk Zwaan Q-Sem, in Tengeru Arusha) and in breeding and product development (Rijk Zwaan Afrisem, in USA River, Arusha). Currently we have around 513 employees and as we continue to grow, we have the following vacancy for dedicated diligent Tanzanians:
Job Title: Store assistant (2 Positions)
- Reports to: Process Optimization Manager / team leader warehouse
- Job Summary: The purpose of the post is to assist the team leader warehouse and Process Optimization Manager in the performance of duties pertaining to procurement procedures.
- Qualification: Diploma in procurement and Logistics management from a recognized institution and registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board.
- Experience: At least three (3) years working experience in tertiary education or any other recognized institutions in similar field
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The store assistant shall be responsible for the efficient and effective performance of duties and responsibilities pertaining warehouse Management and execution. The store assistant shall ensure that the warehouse/stores activities are made in accordance with the procedures of Rijk Zwaan. Essential duties include:
- Responsible for the complete warehouse process and re-order stock planning,
- Track and coordinate receipt, storage and timely delivery of goods and materials,
- Ensure proper positioning of materials received in the locations as identified by the system,
- Ensure that all storage areas are secure, clean, tidy, and properly organized,
- Ensure compliance to health, safety, standards and regulations,
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments,
- Ensure proper authorization for all materials requisitions,
- Record and reports any discrepancies for appropriate measures to be taken,
- To identify and segregates damaged, deteriorated and expired goods to enable write-off from books,
- Ensure replenishment of stocks at picking locations basing on storage procedures i.e FIFO, FEFO,
- Knowledge in any store operating system i.e Sage Pastel, IBMS, etc.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Be a person of high integrity.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Physical and mental fitness.
- Knowledge of warehouse techniques.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures accurately. Strong problem solving skills.
- Meeting tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working with other employees.
- Good computer literacy (MS Office, Excel, Power point) Able to work as part of team by contributing to team effort.
- Good care off, with communication skills.
- Experienced in the English language, verbal and written
Salary Scale: Staff salary rank according to Rijk Zwaan Scheme of Services.
Tenure: Local permanent contract
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and your motivation to apply for this job to email@example.com with a subject “Application of Store assistant”.
We will consider your application carefully, which may take some time. Only shortlisted candidates will hear from us as soon as
The deadline for submitting the application is 27 June 2021.