Chemonics seeks an organizational capacity development specialist for the anticipated USAID Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity in Tanzania. The purpose of this four-year activity is to provide technical assistance services necessary for the successful implementation of USAID/Tanzania’s Private Sector Strengthening Activity to increase economic opportunities for private sector youth and improve the business enabling environment for youth entrepreneurs, youth-led startups, and youth-led businesses, particularly within the agriculture sector and related value chains.
The organizational capacity development specialist will oversee the organizational development of partner associations and their sub-partners, if any. The OCDS will manage, monitor, and coordinate organizational capacity assistance to the partner associations and any sub-partners for the achievement of activity objectives, including the development and facilitation of capacity assessment tools, the development of partner implementation plans, the design and implementation of capacity development strategies and interventions, and monitoring of progress against indicators and milestones. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the organizational capacity assistance to partner associations
- Develop partner implementation plans, and design and implement capacity development interventions
- Professionally represent Chemonics to USAID, the Government of Tanzania, Tanzanian counterparts, local partners, and other program stakeholders
- Monitor progress against indicators alongside the Chief of Party
- Ensure the activity meets high standards for performance and integrity that comply with applicable regulations and Chemonics policies
- A Bachelor’s degree (or its international equivalent) in international development, program management, business or other relevant field from an accredited university. Masters Preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in capacity development, with a focus on institutional strengthening/organizational development of non-governmental organizations.
- Familiarity/experience with USAID’s Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) and/or Organizational Performance Index (OPI) tools, as well as USAID’s Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) approach
- Proven understanding of adult learning and participatory training methodologies as well as strong training, facilitation, coaching and/or mentorship skills
- Language: The candidate must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Preference is for Tanzanian nationals
How to apply
This position is contingent upon award. Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by December 31st, 2021. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.