Chemonics seeks a Policy and Advocacy Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity. The purpose of this four-year activity is to increase economic opportunities for private sector youth and improve the business enabling environment for youth entrepreneurs, youth-led startups, and youth-led businesses, particularly within the agriculture sector and related value chains.
The Policy and Advocacy Advisor will be responsible for strengthening private sector associations’ capacity to successfully conceptualize, develop, build consensus, advocate and support enforcement of private sector policies that support youth-led businesses. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide policy direction for the activity and serve as a liaison between the project, government policy decision makers, the private sector, and other stakeholders
- Work closely with private sector associations and other activity stakeholders to identify policy, legal, and regulatory priorities for supporting youth entrepreneurs, startups, and business, particularly within the agriculture sector and related value chains
- Work closely with private sector associations to identify policies supporting private sector development that require revision, implementation and/or enforcement
- Engage with relevant government officials to facilitate public-private dialogue, discussion, and engagement throughout the policy process
- Build capacity within private sector associations to identify policy needs and priorities; undertake research to inform policy decision, develop and assess policy and regulatory proposals and papers; and promote and advocate for the interests of members and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy, economics, business management, public finance, or a related field
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant experience informing policy decisions and implementing policy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the private sector, youth organizations/representatives, senior government officials, donors, and other stakeholders
- Proven experience in public policy research, analysis, and formulation
- Knowledge of Tanzanian private sector policy environment and its impact on youth particularly in agriculture and related value chains
- Proven strategic thinking and analysis ability within the Tanzanian socio-economic, political environment
- Established reputation for integrity and the provision of thorough public policy advisory and advocacy
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English language
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- This position is contingent upon award. Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by December 24th, 2021. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices