Dar es salaam , Tanzania | Posted on 05/05/2021
- Strategic management of the Bank’s balance sheet, and ensure statutory liquidity requirements and internal bank limits are adhered to.
- Lead the way in ALCO forum through active participation; providing ALCO members with timely balance sheet analysis and market information; ensuring other ALCO members are always engaged in up -to-date Balance Sheet strategy that compliments the Bank’s revenues aspirations.
- Manage all cash management functions including cash concentration, wires, account funding.
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short term excess cash.
- Propose, negotiate and regularly advise on the funds transfer pricing policy for the Bank, in a consistent manner and in compliance with the Bank’s policies, taking into account local market dynamics.
- Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationship and negotiate bank and service fees.
- Implement new bank technologies, products and services to improve cash cycle and simplify Bank operations.
- Support ALCO in decisions relating to capital requirements and management proposing investment strategies and market research.
- Prove ability in managing change, especially when imposed by external environment (regulatory) and proactively manage forex, liquidity and market risk for the bank.
- Maintain strategic capability to meet stressed liquidity conditions if and when required.
- Ensure approved limits structure is available and that all business decisions are made within approved limits.
- Ensure that all compliance and local regulatory requirements are met and reported as appropriate.
- Support and develop the payment system and ensure the Bank’s liquidity supports the capability of meeting customer payment need.
- Managing profit rate mismatch and risk positions to maximize return.
- Assist in building compliance culture within the Bank by ensuring full compliance in Treasury.
- Ensure full understanding of other businesses’ strategies, providing support with regards to funding and pricing requirements.
- Ensure Money Laundering prevention and suspicious transactions.
Trade Finance duties
- Daily follow-up of Trade finance instruments for securing payment and performance.
- Drafting /checking Letter of Credits (LCs) and documents for LCs negotiations.
- Advising and confirming letters of credit and issuing them
- Providing banks with necessary information and documentation (Bills of Lading, invoices, contracts, etc) for transactions follow-up.
- Checking and instructing release requests to financing bank
- Following up with insuring and correspondent banks on transactions.
- Updating trade finance positions according to existing and additional agreements.
- Advising beneficiary and presenting banks on settlements.
- Processing first one second check on documents where required.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Holder of Master’s Degree in Finance, Banking, Economics or equivalent with not less than 7 years working experience 3 of which should be at Senior Managerial level.