The Intern – Procurement is a candidate who will learn the job of procurement advisory services by working with the rest of the team.
- Carry out various procurement related advisory services including preparation of procurement policies, guidelines and manuals for clients
- Assist in carrying out audit and other assurance services to clients in multiple.
- Assist in obtaining all necessary procurement documentation including researching and documenting facts and findings when carrying out assessments or audits
- Identify and communicate procurement matters, control deficiencies noted and risk identified during reviews
- Set goals at the beginning of an assignment, seek performance feedback after every assignment.
- Attend all mandatory trainings, participate in in-house trainings and facilitate at least one learning hour during the financial year.
- Interact with clients to help ensure that the information flow from the client to the team and vice versa is efficient.
- Prepare acceptable working papers that record and summarize data on the assigned procurement segment.
- Complete procurement documentation in audit file after addressing all review notes raised seniors.
- Report procurement findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions, improvements in operations and reductions in cost.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Procurement, Accounting, Commerce, Finance or related areas
- Procurement professional certification and active license is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and appetite to learn new things.
- A good understanding of procurement, accounting and financial principles, with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and clients within the context of groups and technical teams
- Verbal and written proficiency in English and Kiswahili.
Wednesday, 22nd December 2021