OBLICQ LIMITED is a Tanzanian privately owned company incorporated and registered under the Companies (Act), Cap. 212, R.E. 2002. The company focuses on delivering the best solutions out of technology. OBLICQ provides range of ICT services including Enterprise software Implementation, Custom Software Development, Supply and Installation of Digital Security Infrastructure and general ICT equipment as well as IT consultation and Advisory Service.
The company is currently looking for well-organized and professional personnel to join the team on the various vacancies below.
NETWORK ENGINEER-INTERN (1 POST)
The main role of this position is to design, manage and service the network infrastructure. Detail understanding of wide range of different technologies that are integrated into local, wide-area network, and Internet access. The engineer deals with the set up and configuration of devices and equipment that make up functional parts of the network such as servers, switches, routers, firewalls, computers, and several other devices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
i. Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure)
ii. Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
iii. Maximising network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
iv. Implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, IP voice Equipment, hosted services, controllers, wireless access points, Endpoints, etc.
v. Developing network diagrams and documentation for designing and planning network communication systems.
vi. Arranging for and carrying out scheduled upgrades to the network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
vii. Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups as per Established Business Continuity Plan & Disaster Recovery
viii. Help is developing new and/or reviewing the SOP for network Operations.
ix. Reporting network status to key stakeholders
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and networking hardware. – Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols and general OSI and TCP/IP Models.
- Ability to stay updated with modern Hardware and network equipment technological trends.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team driven environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- General LAN and WAN experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology related field of study with a network engineering focus
- CCNA, CompTIA Network+ or Equivalent Certification
- Any of the following Certifications are added advantage.
- ITILv4 Foundation
- Cisco – CCNP-ENCORE
- Vmware- VCTA
- Sophos – XGCA
- Linux Foundation- LSA or any Unix related .