RTI ACTS Project in Tanzania is recruiting for Procurement and logistics officer. Under direct supervision of the Finance & Grants Manager, the Procurement and Logistics Officer is responsible for the management of all project procurements and assist with processing service contracts, leases and rental agreements; coordinating logistics and travel arrangements; and supporting project trainings, workshops, meetings and surveys in the field in full compliance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Serve as a Procurement Officer for the project, assuring all sub-contracts, consultant and other service contracts, and purchase orders awarded by the project are in compliance with RTI Procurement Policy for International Offices and USAID rules and regulations.
- Identify vendors for office lease, utilities, furniture, equipment, programmatic supplies and other necessary office services in accordance with RTI procurement procedures and in consultation with RTI’s regional and head offices.
- Execute procurement tasks for all procuring equipment and services (hotel, airline tickets, etc.).
- Receive, review and process incoming requests ensuring sufficient clarity on specifications given for goods and services. Confirm any other relevant information from requestors and seek recommendation from regional or head office IT support team members for related IT goods.
- Coordinate and ensure that all project related purchases are reviewed and approved in accordance with the purchase authorization matrix.
- Maintain records of all transactions, ensuring that an efficient filing system for records of all quotations, procurement process, copies of records of expenditure, receiving reports, receipts, local order forms, etc. are kept accountable and easily accessible by managers.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of ordered goods/services and ensure through established procedures that all received goods/services are in accordance with the terms and specifications of the PO/SA. Furthermore ensure quality and opportune delivery of purchased goods/services.
- Responsible for project property control and inventory management; keeps records of controlled and managed equipment in RTI systems.
- Maintain record list of property and managed equipment for the project into RAMS application and submit relevant issues to home office.
- Act as the property control officer (asset move, asset lost, asset on loan, etc.) and responsible for proper recording of the project office assets.
- Responsible for asset disposal management as appropriate.
- Oversee payment preparation and documentation and liaise closely with the finance team concerning payment of purchased and delivered goods and services.
- Assist with processing and maintenance of encumbrances (Fee for Service Contracts, Lease Agreements, Rental Agreements, etc).
- Coordinate logistics planning and administration for travel, accommodation, and per diem for in-country conferences, meetings, and study tours.
- Support in-country project meetings, workshops and surveys. This may include booking rooms, coordinating schedules, issuing and tracking meeting invitations, preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials, and preparing meeting notes, as well as dispersing funds in the field.
- Provide high quality document formatting and production assistance.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned.
- Domestic travel may be required occasionally.
- Master’s degree in relevant field and 1 years working experience or Bachelor’s degree with 3 years working experience in project procurement and administration.
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Ethics Notice: No one at RTI may ever demand payment for anything of value in exchange for anything related to the hiring process (including, for example, for applying for, interviewing for, or receiving any offer of employment). If any such request is made, please report this request confidentially to RTI’s Ethics office at HRethics@rti.org. Any payment made will disqualify any applicant from future employment at RTI. Please only use the HRethics@rti.org email address to report ethics concerns; any job applications sent to this email address will not be processed.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.