Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is looking for qualified Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated horticulture value chain program in Tanzania. We are looking for visionary leaders, strong managers and creative thinkers who work well with partners, and who have a passion for and a commitment to finding local solutions to food security problems. This will be a full time position, based in Morogoro, Tanzania for a period of up to five years.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study such as rural agricultural development, agricultural economics, agribusiness and/ or business development, or horticulture science
- At least 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility managing diverse teams
- Experience in public-private partnerships development, grants management, and adaptive programming
- Experience creating and maintaining effective working relations with government officials, private sector stakeholders and local organizations
- At least five years of experience working in horticulture trade and export promotion in East Africa
- A commitment to promoting gender equity, youth engagement and social inclusion required
- Experience working in the private sector is a plus
- Only Tanzanian nationals are eligible for this position
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.