THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position title: LIS Data Analyst
Reporting to: LIS Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Overall Job Function
Systems analyst will analyze, implement, maintain, and support IT and information systems to meet the business needs of LIS. He/She will oversee the coordination of data management and integration of laboratory information systems within the available Laboratory Systems to ensure smooth data transmission from different systems to Open LDR and other health systems such as TilleLab, EVILLIMS, DISALAB, Jeeva by working closely with LIS teams and program officers at the MoHCDGEC and other partners. Data Analyst must have Strong analytical skills, Attention to detail, Teamwork skills, Written and verbal communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Flexibility, Adaptability, creative and Initiative. He/She will ensure regular LIS data cleaning and validation in the LIS and ensure the LIS systems are online and working to assist the MoHCDGEC and ensure all data flows from spokes to Laboratory Information Systems LIS moves in smooth manner. Develop support implementation of Helpdesk for all LIS implemented in the laboratory network. The position requires 75% field travel
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee examining of current LIS, provide advisory information and specifications on how to improve the current LIS
- liaising with other IT staff/programmers to produce new systems and improve existing LIS systems
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize requirement specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow on regard of LIS
- Oversee Coordination with MoHCDGEC and other partners on Laboratory Information Systems data exchange and integration with other health systems
- Monitor LIS system and work with team to optimize workflows
- Maintain current knowledge of LIS by attending training programs and online user groups.
- Coordinate digital data sharing between the lab systems so as to enhance the data flows from spokes to the national LIS
- Analyze and oversee deployment of LIS table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Applying third party upgrades to existing databases. Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems, training and feedback on LIS.
- Oversee implementation, and maintenance of change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Define and coordinate the execution of testing procedures, and develop test cases to serve the overall quality assurance process
- Analyze and implement the development and maintenance of the database-stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements. Produce ad- hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation. Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alarms
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance
- Preform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, experience & skills required
- 4-6 years’ experience working with information technologies and systems analysis
- Software/System Development, experience of Laboratory Information Systems – LIS will be of added advantage
- You are highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, such as programming, engineering or similar.
- Strong computer, hardware, software, and analytical skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the principles and practices associated with database design, maintenance and administration
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages
- Excellent analytical skills
- You are an absolute team player with passion and commitment for the work he/she does.
- Knowledge in various Software Analytical and Designing Tools such as Visio etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail are necessary. Must be self- motivated and comfortable working on several projects in concurrence.
- Flexible working hours.
- Prior experience in implementation of a Laboratory Information System is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send an email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by May 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “HIS-MIFUMO Project Coordinator (HPC)”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 May 2021.