THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position title : LIS Database Systems Developer
Reporting to : LIS Manager
Location: Dar Es Salaam
Overall Job Function
He/She will coordinate data management and integration of laboratory information systems within the available Laboratory Systems to ensure smooth data transmission from different systems to Open LDR and other health systems such as TilleLab, EVILLIMS, DISALAB, Jeeva by working closely with LIS teams and program officers at the MoHCDGEC and other partners. He/She will ensure regular LIS data cleaning and validation in the LIS and ensure the LIS systems are online and working to assist the MoHCDGEC and ensure all data flows from spokes to Laboratory Information Systems LIS moves in smooth manner. Develop support implementation of Helpdesk for all LIS implemented in the laboratory network. The position requires 75% field travel.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with MoHCDGEC and other partners on Laboratory Information Systems data exchange and integration with other health systems
- Monitor LIS system and work with team to optimize workflows
- Maintain current knowledge of LIS by attending training programs and online user groups.
- Coordinate digital data sharing between the lab systems so as to enhance the data flows from spokes to the national LIS
- Design and deploy data table structures, forms, reports, and queries.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Applying third party upgrades to existing databases.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases (i.e. Access).
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and investigate solutions. Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Development and maintenance of the database stored procedures, views and functions for hosted web applications.
- Ensure all database systems meet business and performance requirements. Produce ad- hoc queries and develop reports to support business needs.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation. Development and maintenance of Data Warehouse.
- Implementation of data dashboards to display data in differing formats.
- Preform any other duties as assigned
Qualifications, experience & skills required
- 3 years’ experience working with IT Software/System Development, experience of Laboratory Information Systems – LIS will be of added advantage
- You are highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, such as programming, engineering or similar.
- You are an absolute team player with passion and commitment for the work he/she does.
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages such as Epi info, Stata, SPSS etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet deadlines
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
- Analytical Skills and attention to details
- Must have clearly understand of system integration concept and how systems can be linked
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail are necessary. Must be self- motivated and comfortable working on several projects in concurrence.
- Strong background in client support and demonstrated ability to work with clients who have a wide variance in IT and computing skill levels.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should send an email email@example.com attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by May 10th 2021 with a position title as a subject line, for example: “HIS-MIFUMO Project Coordinator (HPC)”. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 May 2021.