We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
- Overall accountability of M-Pesa Customers Retention Strategy, churn management
- Accelerate customer’s ARPU growth by enriching the product and service adoption
- Drive actionable commercial insights and direct on how to be acted upon
- Develop and execute a roadmap to maintaining a healthy M-Pesa base in line with the company roadmap
- Develop and Drive strategy to grow and retain M-Pesa customer base.
- Responsible for churn management and improving customer reconnection
- Develop and drive the management of new customers, nursery program and improve survival of new customers
- Develop then BTL and ATL campaigns for various service and products
- Perform competitor analysis and tactical initiatives to address the challenges
- Perform time to time consumer understanding to understand pain points of our customer
- Develop and Drive a strategy to achieve maximum penetration and adoption of M-Pesa Products & Services.
- Drive cross-selling and upselling initiatives to grow the customer segments and increase usage for LVCs and infrequent user base.
- Develop and accelerate the M-Pesa High Value Consumer Products innovation roadmap implementation and revenue targets.
- Perform frequent consumer Understanding activities and physical visits to learn the behaviour and/or pain points of different customer segments and provide key insights for channel development.
- Consistent monitoring of the churn, subscribers base, usage and propositions to ensure a healthy customer base.
- Having clear and practical plan to graduate customers from lower to higher ARPU bands
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Excellent analytical and logical reasoning skills translated from consumer insights
- Experience in advanced SQL and Database management.
- Outstanding systems integration skills to understand customer data(data-mart).
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to anticipate customer, competitor and market dynamics
- Able to challenge the status quo
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or its equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous.
- Project management knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
Key performance indicators:
- Overall M-Pesa Base Growth as per the company target
- Grow M-Pesa Market and Value Share.
- Accurate and timely delivery of the execution plans specified on the calendar
- Quality of support and stakeholder alignment
- Modern Marketing Leadership
- Data Analytics and Insights
- CVM Campaign Development and Management
- Always on Marketing
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.