Manager: Business Excellence at Vodacom Tanzania
Dar es Salaam
Vodacom Tanzania Plc
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company.
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities
- The Centre of Excellence (Business Excellence) will drive efficiency and effectiveness to ensure achievement of world class operation.
- This role will ensure the transformation and ongoing success of the functional processes, provide a pool of processes, review, re-engineer and automate arduous manual processes thus driving the digital transformation in the company.
- Manage the implementation of projects such as various system upgrades, ESG, transformational cost and revenue initiatives.
- The role will also administer the payroll function to ensure accuracy, timely completion and compliance with divisional and corporate policies and procedures as well as statutory regulations.
- Working closely, and partnering with the divisions within the company to drive the delivery of our LRP initiatives targets, and interface with all other relevant functions within the wider Vodacom group.
- Driving continuous business process improvements, best practice, and operational efficiencies.
- To optimise customer satisfaction and add value to the business.
- Reporting – incorporating the setting of standards. Determine and implement applicable measures with associated benchmarking exercises to measure value added.
- Gain solid knowledge of best practises in other Vodafone markets as well as external markets.
- Develop the functional training strategy and ensure continuous knowledge transfer and retention.
- Work closely with the Group Process Owners (GPOs) on initiatives and contribute to the GPO’s roadmap.
- Provide regular updates on performance of the sub process(es)
- Follow the escalation path and non-surprise management philosophy
- Identify promote and implement initiatives to improve the company processes
- Establish relationships with the all Finance leaders and the wider teams across the company to ensure key deliverables are met
- Interaction with peers in Vodafone Shared Service centres, Global Process owners, central Process Governance Team, Internal and External Audit
- Coaching and training the team on processes
- Payroll management.
Qualifications, Competencies and Qualifications
- Competent in using MS-Office applications
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Communication – written or oral (the ability to speak and write in a clear, concise and fluent manner to both individuals and groups)
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Problem solving
- The ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Operational excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt quickly in a new environment and work on multiple systems/platforms
- Ability to communicate financial information with non-finance employees
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant accounting experience in a finance environment, including leadership/supervisory experience
- Performance Management and Reporting (e.g. based on identified KPIs) experience
- Knowledge of the efficiency and effectiveness attributes of world class processes and internal controls
- Experience in leading/implementing transformation projects to improve organisational and team performance
- Degree in Accounting or business related Degree (Essential)
- Professional Accounting Qualification (Essential)
- Project management qualification (Desirable)
- Financial Reporting
- GAAP Application
- Regulations Maintenance
- Business Model Impact
- External trends and insights
- Service Delivery
- Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Process and Performance Management
- People Development
- Finance Operations
- Complexity Management
- Strategy Execution
- Business Partnering
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
No Comment! Be the first one.