Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport, established under section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act (Cap 245) and came into operation in July, 2000. The Agency is responsible for the Maintenance and development of the trunk and Regional road network in Tanzania.
The Regional Manager’s Office – TANROADS Simiyu on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitable qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant post available for the Project Upgrading of Maswa Bypass Road to Bitumen Standard for contract period of 15 Months.
MATERIALS ENGINEER (1 POST)
Key qualifications for Material Engineer;
- Education qualification/Professional: Must have Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Postgraduate qualification in Highway Engineering or Equivalent is added advantage.
- Must be registered as Professional Engineer with ERB.
- Must have minimum of seven (7) years of Experience in Pavement/Materials matters related to road work.
- Must have served in at least two (2) Roads Projects of similar magnitude and complexity in the last 7 years.
- Must be Computer Literate; (at least advanced Certificate in computer applications)
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen.
- In addition, Must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub Sahara countries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/she shall be responsible for ensuring the quality of all materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as the completed works, conform to the contract specifications.
Mode of Application:
All interested and qualified Applicants are invited to submit their signed handwritten application letters, enclosing detailed signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant academic education, professional certificate, birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addresses, Telephone number(s) and email addresses, so as to reach the addresses mentioned below.
Please apply to:
P.O. Box 389,
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 July 2021.