Procurement and Supplies Officers
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, (PO-RALG), established under Section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act. (Cap. 245) by Order published in Government Notice No.211 dated May 12, 2017; and was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control; environmental and road reserve management of rural and urban roads network for the socio-economic development of Tanzania.
The Chief Executive intends to recruit self motivated, qualified and competent Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts for a period often (10) months.
Position Title: PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLIES OFFICER II (26 POSTS)
Duty stations: Geita, Kagera, Katavi, Kigoma, Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Mara, Mtwara, Mwanza, Rukwa, Ruvuma, Songwe and Tabora.
- A National Form IV/VI certificateHolders of Bachelors or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supplies, Materials Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration (majoring in Procurement and Supplies) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution and has been registered with Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB). The candidate must be Computer literate.
- Fluent in both Kiswahiii and English.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
Work Experience: Not less than 3 years in Procurement and Supplies activities.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of Age.
Salary: According to TARURA Salary Scale.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To collect quotations from different suppliers/producers;
- To prepare purchase orders;
- To process requisitions and replenishment requisitions;
- To purchase and receive goods from suppliers;
- To prepare statistical analysis of purchases;
- To prepare consolidated procurement performance report for TARURA;
- To prepare all monthly and yearly financial reports such as physical stores reports;
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to Chief Executive, Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency, P. O. BOX 11042, Government City – MTUMBA, DODOMA or through email firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 13/08/2021 with their complete CVs; copies of all certificates; birth certificate; names of three referees one of whom a former employer; applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of the advert in their application letter. Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful applicants must be ready to work in any TARURA Offices in Tanzania Mainland.
Applicants who have worked with public institutions but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is 13/08/2021 at 16.00 Hrs.
This is to insist that:
TARURA is an equal opportunity employer; Women are highly encouraged to apply.