OPPORTUNITIES FOR INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) is Tanzania’s sole Standards body, formerly established by the Standards Act No. 3 of 1975, which was repealed and replaced by the Standards Act No. 2 of 2009. It is a Parastatal Organization under the Ministry of Industry and Trade. TBS introduced internship programs for graduates from diverse academic backgrounds to have exposure in development issues and a first-hand impression of the day-to-day working environment of the Bureau.
TBS is currently looking for Tanzanians who are dynamic, committed, suitably qualified, dedicated and eager to learn and develop new experiences through assigned tasks.
Therefore, the applications are invited to fill the following fields-:
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (5 posts – for Mechanical Laboratory duties).
- Bachelor of Mechanical/ Automobile Engineering (17 posts – for Imports and Inspection duties).
- Diploma in Laboratory Science/Technology (1 post – for Food Chemistry Laboratory duties).
- Diploma in Food Science (1 post – for Food Chemistry Laboratory duties).
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test III/Level I in Plumbing and Pipe fitting (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test III/Level I Electrical Installation (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test III/Level I Motor Vehicle Mechanics (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Trade Test III/Level I Refrigeration and Air conditioning (1 post for Maintenance duties).
- Diploma in Procurement/ Supplies Management (1 post for Procurement duties).
- Laboratory Assistants course with Trade Test III/ Level I (23 posts for Laboratories duties).
- Applicants must be Tanzanians; graduated between 2014 to 2020;Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees; one referee must be from the Academic Institution where he/she graduated
- The maximum period for individual program is one year, no intern shall be reappointed as Bureau’s intern after completion of one year period;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
a) Degree and respective Transcripts;
b) Diploma/ Certificate;
c) Form IV and or VI National Examination Certificates; and
d) Birth certificate or National Identity Card;
vi. Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted;
Form IV and form VI Results slips; and Testimonials and Partial transcripts.
vii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies should be verified by the relevant authorities (TCU, NACTE or NECTA);
viii. Presentation of forged certificates and other information is prohibited otherwise it will result into disqualification and legal action;
ix. Applicants must attach a letter of endorsement from a Local Government Chairperson or Executive Officer confirming your place of residence;
x. Applicants must attach a brief paper stating the reasons for the need of internship and the expectations after a year;
xi. Only qualified candidates will be informed on the interview date;
xii. Successful and accepted interns shall not be paid salaries or any remuneration attached to salaries instead they will be assisted with some amount of money to cover for transport and lunch expenses;
xiii. Internship practice is not a guarantee for employment at TBS. In case there is employment opportunities at TBS or elsewhere, interns shall follow the laid down employment procedures as will be stipulated;
xiv. Application letters must be hand written in English;
Deadline for application is 30th July 2021 on closing business at 16:00 pm
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should send their applications to the following address;-
TANZANIA BUREAU OF STANDARDS,
P.O. BOX 9524,
DAR ES SALAAM