( Employment Opportunities)
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanian are invited to apply.
THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL
Post Title: Zonal Manager -1 post
Duty Station: Dodoma
Reports to: Director General
Zonal Manager will be responsible for ensuring efficient and effective provision of regulatory and administrative functions in the respective zone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that customer complaints are handled properly.
- To provide support in ensuring timely and effective provision of financial and administrative services to the zonal office.
- To provide support in overseeing prudent management of the Authority’s resources at zonal offices, including to keep records on their utilization.
- To monitor compliance inspections to regulated suppliers as may be directed by Divisional Directors.
- Conduct pre-licence inspections and monitor compliance to license terms and conditions as may be directed by Divisional Directors.
- Provide support to the awareness and public education activities in the zone.
- Act as spokesman of the zonal office under the direction of his/her superiors.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by his/her superiors.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Law, Business Administration, General Management, Economics or Engineering.
- Possession of Master degree or Post graduate qualifications in any of the above mentioned fields.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application.
- Knowledge and familiarity in Regulated Sectors will be an added advantage
- Possession of at least seven (7) years working experience in relevant fields, three (3) of which should be in senior position.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certified certificates, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 23rd June, 2021.
Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA),
EWURA House, Plot No 3, Block AD, Medeli West,
P 0 Box 2857,
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 June 2021.